Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme:
The Central Government and the State Government jointly offer a free medical insurance scheme up to Rs.5 lakhs in Tamilnadu. Families from Tamilnadu may utilize this scheme to get benefits for medical emergency needs. Before applying for this scheme read the eligibility for families and proceed.
Highlights of Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme
|Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme
|Central + State Government
|Families who seeking for health insurance in TN
|Provide free medical insurance up to 5 Lakhs
|To know the details of medical treatments and medical assistance
Eligibility to receive an Insurance Plan
- This scheme is applicable for families whose annual family income is less than Rs.72000 / -.
- They can get the proof of income certificate from the village administration officer and go to the card issuing center at the district collector’s office with the family card and get the chief minister’s comprehensive medical insurance plan card.
To get this insurance scheme benefits each family must need to have the following eligibility.
- The legal spouse of the eligible person
- Children of a qualified person
- Parents of a qualified person
- The names of the persons given above should appear on the family card. Those who have migrated to Tamil Nadu from other states and have been staying for more than six months can obtain and submit a certificate from Online by Tamil Nadu Industry Department under this scheme.
- Under this scheme, Sri Lankan refugees in camps can join without any proof of income by attaching proof of stay in the camps.
How to get the Chief Minister Health Insurance Smart Card?
- The beneficiary needs to attach the ration card xerox copy along with the Income certificate and submit the application to your respective separate officer for insurance from the district collector office.
- After completion of verification, they will take a photo of the person’s biometric details and then give a 22 digit number ecard will be generated and issued to the beneficiary.
- Using the 22 digit Number beneficiary can be able to get treatment from private hospitals.
Further details on the scheme can be obtained by contacting the toll free call center at 1800 425 3993 24 hours a day.
CMCHIS Project Office
Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme,
No.226,Om Sakthi Towers, Kilpauk Garden Road,
Kilpauk, Chennai-600010, Tamil Nadu