Do you want to obtain a Driving Licence? Driving a Vehicle without Licence is leads to pay penalty in TamilNadu. So in this article, we will explain how to apply for a listener licence and what processes involve driving test.
How to get a driving license in Tamil Nadu?
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways had a dedicated portal called Sarathi Parivahan for different Online Services that combined with all state government transport departments. They provide major services like issue Registration Certificate (RC) & Driving License (DL) and LLR Listener Licence, renew the expired license, upgrade to heavy vehicle, and various services. This will make it easy for applicants to get a license as quickly as possible.
Two major steps involved in driving license:
- Applying for LLR Application Online
- Driving Test at RTO (Regional Transport Office)
Applicants need to complete the above two steps to get the driving license for both two-wheeler and four-wheeler vehicles. Knowingly it will be classified as Gear and without gear vehicle.
Apply Online LLR Application through Sarathi Parivahan:
1. Visit the Sarathi Driving License page https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/stateSelection.do – then Select State Name > TamilNadu.
2. Then you will be redirected services page. Now check to dropdown menu from left side > New Learners Licence Option.
3. After the Instruction page appears on screen read the instructions and click Continue button .
Now Application page will be displayed on the screen. You notice will there are 3 different options.
|Applicant does not hold Driving/ Learner Licence|
புதிதாக ஒட்டுநர் உரிமம் / லிஸ்ட்னெர் லைசென்ஸ் பெற
|Applicant holds Driving, Enter DL Number|
ஒட்டுநர் உரிமம் உள்ளவர்கள் மேலும் வேறு ஒரு சேவையினை பெற.
உதாரணம்: இரண்டு சக்கர வாகன உரிமத்தியிருந்து நான்கு சக்கர உரிமத்தினைப்பெறுவது.
|Applicant holds Learner Licence, Enter LL Number|
ஏற்கனவே LLRக்கு பதிவு செய்தவர்கள் கடந்த ஆறு மாத காலம் முடிவு பெற்றவர்கள்.
4. Consider you are going to apply for LLR for the first time Choose > “Applicant does not hold Driving/ Learner Licence” and click the Submit button.
5. The Online LLR Application will be available to fill Applicants need to fill all details such as Personal details, Address and then choose the Class of Vehicles information.
6. Class of Selection there are various options that will be available so carefully choose what you want really. So commonly there two different purposes.
- Motor Cycle Without Gear (Probably for women who drive without gear vehicle)
- Motor Cycle With Gear (For two-wheeler men or women)
- Light motor Vehicle (For Four Wheeler Men and Women)
Then press “Submit” button to submit your application.
7. After completing your application the acknowledgement of your application has been displayed. Also SMS will be sent for registered Mobile Number. The Address which you entered and RTO Office Details also displayed on screen.
Check all entered values are right in case if you want to edit any other details entered use Application No for making changes.
8. Printout copies needed for submit on RTO Office (Xerox Copy):
- Take a printout copy of your acknowledgement click > Print Acknowledgement button.
- For Form 2 Print > Click “Application Form Print” button.
- Click > Form 1 to download, take printout copy and read the declaration details, tick necessary fields and put your signature and scan the document for upload.
9. After candidates need to upload the documents:
- Age Proof (SSLC TC, HSC TC, Birth Certificate, Passport)
- Address Proof (Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Ration Card)
- Form 1 (Self Declaration)
Apply for Driving Licence Test Online in Tamilnadu
1. Filling application details in LLR
Candidates need to fill the application details using Sarathi Parivahan Online Portal. Take a LLR Copy and Visit: Sarathi Portal and Choose State> Click Apply Driving Licence.
Now Instructions for Application Submission page will open now click the Continue Option.
After to continue for Application For Driving Licence (DL) enter the Learner Licence Number and Date of Birth and click OK button.
After the process your details can be extracted from LLR to Application Details Form page now the steps will be uploading the documents.
2. Upload Documents
To Upload the Documents candidates need to attach copy of scanned documents in Image format. Include Photo and Signature need to attached.
3. DL Slot Booking
After completing the documents book the Driving Licence Slot for available date and time.
4. Fee Payment
Complete the fee payment as you did for the LLR.
5. Verify Payment
Verify the Payment process.
6. Print Receipt
Take the print out copy of the receipt.
After the completion of booking for DL applied person need to bring the all DL Documents and Receipts printout copy along with your registered vechile for driving Test in regional Transport Office.
Note: The registered vehicle owners must bring their Air Pollution Check document and Insurance Copy for Vehicle.
Sarathi Parivahan Driving Licence Details:
|Apply Learner Licence||Apply here|
|Apply Driving Licence||Apply here|
|Application Status||Check Status here|
|Check Payment Status||Check here|
|Upload Document||Upload here|
|Fee Payments||Check here|
|Add Class of vehicles||Add here|
|DL Services||Check here|
|DL Search||Search here|
|Add Transactions||Add here|
|Service Withdraw||Withdraw here|
List of Fee details for different service in Sarathi Parivahan
|1||Issue of learner’s licence in Form 3 for each class of vehicle.||150/-|
|2||Learner’s licence test fee or repeat test fee, as the case may be.||50/-|
|3||For test or repeat test, as the case may be, of competence to drive (for each class of vehicle).||300/-|
|4||Issue of a driving licence.||200/-|
|5||Issue of International Driving Permit.||1000/-|
|6||Addition of another class of vehicle to driving licence.||500/-|
|7||Endorsement or renewal of authorization for vehicle carrying hazardous goods.||100/-|
|8||Renewal of a driving licence.||200/-|
|9||Renewal of driving licence for which application is made after the grace period.||300/-|
|10||Issue or renewal of licence to a school or establishment imparting instructions in driving.||10000/-|
|11||Issue of a duplicate licence to the school or establishment imparting instructions in driving.||50000-|
|12||An appeal against the orders of licensing authority referred to in rule 29.||500/-|
|13||Any application for change in address or any other particulars recorded in the driving.||200/-|